TU-8500: Find the bug

It's working!

"99% is the soldering issue". I guess vkung is the King!

I got my new soldering gun today and had some time alone and re-soldered all bad joints I could see and the 90 degree solder connections (thanks Badchile).

I'm glad I didn't start measuring inside and kill myself.

One thing that buggs me is that I'm not sure exactly what was wrong. But 99% sure the Bug was here:

View attachment 818282

Thanks for all the help! The kit was fun to build and the amp sounds great. I hope I didn't spam the forum but who knows I might stay here a bit more ...

Hi FACT75,

I have the same issue that you had and am wondering how you fixed it.
I re-soldered bad joints a couple of times already but still hear sound from the left channel only.
I'm also a web graphic designer who has no experience/knowledge about electric engineering, so I have no idea what is wrong and what to do next.
If you could share your resolution more specifically, it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.
Henry

Henry
Hi FACT75,

I have the same issue that you had and am wondering how you fixed it.
I re-soldered bad joints a couple of times already but still hear sound from the left channel only.
I'm also a web graphic designer who has no experience/knowledge about electric engineering, so I have no idea what is wrong and what to do next.
If you could share your resolution more specifically, it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.
Henry
Hi Henry
Sorry for the delay. I have been listening to good music instead of debugging my gear. I don't know if you solved it by now. I think my solution was to spend more attention on good soldering. Youtube was a good resource as always. I don't know where the problem was, but the response from the people in this forum kept me going. Good luck!

Henry

Hi Henry
Sorry for the delay. I have been listening to good music instead of debugging my gear. I don't know if you solved it by now. I think my solution was to spend more attention on good soldering. Youtube was a good resource as always. I don't know where the problem was, but the response from the people in this forum kept me going. Good luck!
+1 for spending more attention on good soldering - this is what fixed my low-volume issue. Grab a nice magnifying glass, a bright light and examine every. single. solder. point. I found 5 or 6 that weren't good and reflowed the solder. Everything sounded great after that...problem solved!