2019 has been a fruitful year

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2019 has been a fruitful year.

Thanks to all the ELEKIT fans for supporting me the last 12 years. No doubt, 2019 was a milestone for ELEKIT's high-quality, affordable products. Together, we went against the flow. Together, we broke the perception in the audiophile community: DIY is NOT inferior to assembled products. The difference?: satisfaction for accomplishing your own DIY project.

ELEKIT fans, your support has been invaluable. I remember the first few years promoting DIY in Audio Shows, people thought it was garbage. But what a change. From the last 3 years, a lot of reviewers came to visit me. This is what I really think. Something has really changed. Why? Herb Reichert's review of TU-8600 in April 2019. He had my amps for 9 months, and after those 9 months, he wrote that review, a review echoed by all TU-8600 owners. Thank you to Herb for all this.

I am a full-time CPA. I have a very busy workload. After Herb's review, I told my wife we are overwhelmed by the number of sales -- The rate of sales has exceeded the rate of packing. ELEKIT fans, you guys made Mr. Lundahl and Thomas Meyer very happy. Herb and you all helped us to transform the audiophile landscape -- to do what is right. What do you mean by right? To do something affordable, high-quality, while using a $4 foot cable. I think I will continue to do what is right.

Here, I would like to thank Mr. Fujita and Herb for their contributions this year -- 2019 was revolutionary landmark for the audiophile landscape. Mr. Fujita designed one of the best amps this year, and Herb’s reputable taste really caught the attention of audiophiles.

What about 2020? In 2020, I am planning to retire from my CPA job. I want to full-time devote and promote DIY amps. Don’t think that DIY cannot make good-quality amps. Until then, I will continue to promote DIY amps.

Happy new year! Hope you have a prosperous year in 2020. Hope to see you at the upcoming audio shows in 2020.

Thank you Eryn's Photo

flags_1

Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Congrats Victor and Mr Fujita.

There are very few high quality kit makers for us audio DIYers these days. The reason - it's hard work, a small market, low profits, and can only be driven by a real do-it-yourself audio passion.

Nonetheless, Elekit (and a very small number of other DIY fanatics) are still making kits and parts for you, they are better than ever and compete shoulder to shoulder with much more expensive commercial gear. Elekit has carved its niche as the Japanese king of the hill with outstanding designs and meticulous build instructions that result in you completing a project with a very polished fit and finish and of course great sound.

If you would like to see high quality kits available tomorrow, please support your local kit manufacturers today. Your patronage ensures you will have great audio kits to build in the future. Thank you!

Last edited:
Happy New Year Victor! A great message that is very pleasing to hear. I agree with you 100% - high quality and affordable is the right thing to do, it is the approach that is inclusive and makes sense. Best of luck with the transition to full time. Thanks for your hard work in 2019 and very much looking forward to 2020.

2019 has been a fruitful year.

What about 2020? In 2020, I am planning to retire from my CPA job. I want to full-time devote and promote DIY amps. Don’t think that DIY cannot make good-quality amps. Until then, I will continue to promote DIY amps.

Happy new year! Hope you have a prosperous year in 2020. Hope to see you at the upcoming audio shows in 2020.

Best wishes for the New Year and on your retirement.

Victor - Congratulations on your impending retirement. Best job I've ever had (retired Nov 2010). You'll love it. Saving for my "full-house" TU-8600 this summer to go with my lovely little (the small chassis is wonderful) TU-8500 preamp. Hopefully, Mr. Fujita will come up with a 4-tube phono-preamp with switchable loading and Lundahl Xfrs & SUTs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.