Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 12th May 2020, 04:51 AM   #121
drjlo is offline drjlo  United States
diyAudio Member

Victor, may I ask you to work with Elekit to address a couple of serviceability issues?

Looks like TU8800 shares similar structure and layout as TU8600, which is not good news IMO since it is PITA to change/service once it's built.

Just to change out coupling caps, I had to dissemble essentially the entire amp including the transformer mounts and whole circuit board since most parts (including coupling caps) are mounted on bottom of the board with no bottom panel on amp to access them.

In addition, if the amp develops problems, it is very difficult to troubleshoot since the transformers sit on top of board and get in the way of board access if one needs the amp to be turned on to troubleshoot.

I was hoping Elekit would rectify these issues with future kits:

1. Provide bottom panel access.

2. Perhaps lengthen the wires connecting transformers to the main board so that the amp can be turned on with transformers pushed out of the way for serviceability.

Thank you.
Old 12th May 2020, 01:43 PM   #122
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

Will forward your suggestion to Mr Fujita
If you want longer transformer wire I can make a pair for you

Last edited by vkung; 12th May 2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old 17th May 2020, 03:26 AM   #123
SonnyMarrow is offline SonnyMarrow  United States
diyAudio Member

Is the lowest output impedance setting for the headphone jack 4 ohms? I have some 32 ohm dynamic driver headphones that I'm hoping to use with the TU-8800 and hoping I won't have any impedance issues.
Old 17th May 2020, 04:00 AM   #124
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

You have six position to set your headphone impedance.. 32ohm is with with TUBE AMP
Old 17th May 2020, 04:02 AM   #125
diyAudio Member

James 'S tu-8800

It was a delight to build. I really like the instruction manual. It reminded me of when I use to build Gundam models; everything was very organized and exact. Also how the amp was organized was impressive, like how the screws go into the tube socket. I really loved that part.

The sound is exceptional. Very clear and excellent soundstage. Great bass. I tried both modes but I prefer Triode mode more. I felt the UL was too bright for my taste. So far so good. I can't wait for Lundahl. This amp is amazing! Thank you again.

Warm regards,
J

Last edited by vkung; 17th May 2020 at 05:46 AM.
Old 18th May 2020, 05:16 PM   #126
JimmyC23 is offline JimmyC23  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyMarrow View Post
Is the lowest output impedance setting for the headphone jack 4 ohms? I have some 32 ohm dynamic driver headphones that I'm hoping to use with the TU-8800 and hoping I won't have any impedance issues.
It can handle between 8 ohms and 1k ohms. I'd set the jumper to LZ1 at first, the lowest setting. If the setting is too high it could get loud very quickly when raising the volume. I had mine at HZ2 at first with my 300 ohm headphones so I had to move it down to HZ1.
Old 19th May 2020, 12:23 AM   #127
diyAudio Member

Did anyone else have a hell of a time getting the self-tapping screws through the FETs? Mine all shattered and the screw hole and I had to glue them together. Didn't matter how slow I went. I ended up drilling the last one out.
Old 19th May 2020, 02:38 AM   #128
JimmyC23 is offline JimmyC23  United States
diyAudio Member

Did you use the smaller one? There are two sizes
Old 19th May 2020, 03:57 AM   #129
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyC23 View Post
Did you use the smaller one? There are two sizes
I realized my mistake after cracking one of the FETs. Ordered a replacement FET to fix my careless mistake, and I'll just use a nut and bolt since the PCB is bored out in that the same place. The other two were good to go once I found the other tapping screws.
Old 21st May 2020, 08:29 PM   #130
diyAudio Member

All finished! Got the new FETs in and closed it up. Sounds amazing, and I can't wait till I can get the Lundahl upgrade transformers. Full build album.

ELEKIT TU-8800  SET AMPHide this!Advertise here!