ELEKIT TU-8800 SET AMP

I have moved away from 12at7 / 12av7 and gone to 6211 and finally RCA 5965, this to me balances out warmth and detail.
What are you using? I was so enamored by the 8900 and 8600 and still believe they are good amps/designs but the flexibility of power tubes of the 8800 puts it in 1st place. Listening to the same blues, vocals, instrumentals, to me favors the 8900/8600 but the 8800 is no slouch and when I want to just put any genre on and not worry about sonics but just envelope into the music, 8800 can’t be beat. Keep in mind it is of course synergy to my system and the parts I have used such as Audio Note caps, Audio Note resistors in strategic locations. Even Jupiter caps puts this leagues above other competitors. And I have had a lot of “boutique” brands in the house.

Last edited:
Actually, I remembered I did change out the TungSol 12AT7 for a CV4024 that I believe I got from UpScale Audio. Very liquid mids.
Even though I use KT88 I use the middle position on the Bias when I am playing the 97db Volti Razz. The lower bias helps with the mids and highs. I do not need the power. The Razz are very comfortable with this setting.

Can anyone help me with the orientation of coupling caps C103(.01mf) C106(.1mf) looking at the schematic of Elekit TU-8800 V1-12AT7 Pin 1 and 6 plate is the outer foil of the coupling caps is that correct? I just wanna confirm my orientation of this caps if I installed it correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• coupling caps.jpg
    coupling caps.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 111
Would love to get my hands on sv-1616d but until then, I have tube rolled so many power tubes, I can say Tung Sol 6L6GC STR are the best tubes in my opinion, not as bass heavy and overly warm as KT tubes yet straddle tight bass of solid state and detail that is lost with KT tubes. This was with RCA driver tubes.

Can anyone help me with the orientation of coupling caps C103(.01mf) C106(.1mf) looking at the schematic of Elekit TU-8800 V1-12AT7 Pin 1 and 6 plate is the outer foil of the coupling caps is that correct? I just wanna confirm my orientation of this caps if I installed it correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hey I’m trying to figure this out as well. Did you ever find a definitive answer? Any pictures you can post would be greatly appreciated.