TU-8200 ticking through speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have build a TU-8200 one year ago.
I have run it with the supplied JJ 6L6 tubes without problems.
This week I upgraded to the KT88 gold lion tubes, also the ECC82 are gold lions.

Now I have a ticking sound out of both of my speakers. Very low, and when you play music you don’t hear it.
I thought maybe it was a problem with the tubes so switched back to the JJ tubes.
Problem is still there.

What can be the problem?
I am able to run the amp without any trouble and the sound is amazing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Govert

The noise starts when the tubes are warmed up.
It is in both speakers.
It is also possible to hear it through the headphones.

Already disconnected both sources, changed the tubes back to the 6L6 etc.
No result.
Before changing to the KT88 I did not have this problem, but when I change back to the 6L6 the ticking remains.
The ticking also does not change when turning the volume.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
If the volume is low then the noise may be coming from some RF interference. Do you have a power line based WiFi extender? Disconnect all units from the socket and also turn off the WiFi router. Plug the amp into a different socket.

If that does not help, remove all RCA cables. Do both inputs behave the same?

I have no powerline Wifi extender. I will connect the amp to a different socket at a different place. I will check if I still have the tapping noise through the headphone. I can't move my speakers with it.
It is tapping/ticking/popping also without inputs connected.

I will also check all voltages.

Is it possible a component has blown or something by mounting new tubes?

Problem solved!
I noticed when I shielded the left ecc82 the tapping in the right speaker would stop.
The left speaker did not have the tapping sound anymore.
I realized I placed a Apple TV box in my left cabinet recently, also the digital tv box was located there.
I moved the amp to the other side of the cabinet, this means moving it for only 15cm.
Now the ticking/tapping sound is gone.

I think it was interference of the tv box etc.

Thank for your help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.