Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 15th August 2019, 08:01 PM   #1
lostrockets is offline lostrockets
diyAudio Member

Default elekit 8200 static on left channel when powering on

i built my 8200 a few months ago and use it daily, its a great amp!

however, being my first kit, i think i made a mistake somewhere because when i power on the amp, the left channel always has a bunch of static 2-5 seconds just after flipping the switch. usually it goes away but sometimes it happens intermittently like when adjusting volume. sometimes i wiggle the power tubes (which moves the circuit board) it seems to mitigate it

how can i trouble shoot this?

thank you in advance!
Old 15th August 2019, 09:04 PM   #2
HarryY is offline HarryY  United States
diyAudio Member

elekit 8200 static on left channel when powering on
Possibly a bad solder connection.

Open it up and look over all the solder connections and touch up any bad ones.
Old 15th August 2019, 10:36 PM   #3
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

agreed
Old 16th August 2019, 01:45 PM   #4
Badchile is offline Badchile
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkung View Post
agreed
Agreed.

The most difficult connections to make on the TU-8200 are the ones connecting the output board to the remaining boards (the one with the 90 degree solder connections from board to board). I have a good amount of hobby-level soldering experience and I had a couple bad joints at that location which would manifest themselves in the same way you're experiencing.

Before going down that road try switching the tubes between channels to eliminate that concern. If the same channel is bad it is either the amp or the cables, and this sure doesn't sound like a cable problem. Try the connection points at the 90 degree points first.
Old 18th August 2019, 03:27 AM   #5
Mancave62 is offline Mancave62  United States
diyAudio Member

When checking your solder points, make sure you check the pins for the transformer connections. I had a bad connection on one pin of my OPT in a Tu-8340 build and it kinda sounds the same...

elekit 8200 static on left channel when powering onHide this!Advertise here!