TU-8500 Parts Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I'm curious to know if it makes sonic improvement to substitute supplied metal film resistor with carbon comp? specifically for R37, R38, R47, R48 which is grid resistor.

I've read about common wisdom for tube grid resistor so would like to know if it's applicable in here.

Also I see there're quite a lot of "low ESR" electrolytic, I assume this is some kind of polymer electrolytic. What is the purpose of this kind of capacitor in TU-8500? Does it mean that some Low ESR electrolytic such as Pana FM, FR is not suitable enough for this purpose?

Much appreciate if someone could share some knowledge about this. Thanks.

Regards,
Heru

Typically, as far as I understand it, low ESR caps generally don't have the high ripple rating of more conventional electrolytic caps. You need high ripple rating in power supplies. Low ESR typically don't come in large enough values for high voltage supplies. Often low ESR types are used for cathode bypass duty where their lower impedance is beneficial.

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.