unbiased feedback - TU-8600

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Subject: Re: TU-8600

Victor,
I really want to thank you for shipping me this wonderful amplifier. It was an easy build and worked directly with no issues, tubes run so cool that I didn’t think it was on initially but noticed the red glow from the 300B’s. Measurements were spot on.

This is by far the best amplifier for an efficient speaker such as my Alerions with Lowthers. Completely blows away a First Watt J2 which was my previous favorite for these speakers. I have built most of Nelson Pass’s First Watt designs including the 5 and 7 ( my version ) and although extremely good still don’t have that real triode sound. Dynamic, precise, excellent imaging and singers to die for. What more could you ask for. Did not work so well with a set of Avantgarde Trio horns but I never really liked them anyways. Music finally sounds like real music even with digital sources such as Tidal. Herb was quite correct in his review and I agree with everything he says. I have never heard the Orangutans or Zu Souls but suspect they are efficient and sound as he says. I think this amp is the greatest bargain in stereo ever and cannot recommend it highly enough. My friend has some Western electric original 300B’s that i will try and perhaps consider the German ones as well but the sound at present is fantastic.

Please thank Mr. Fujita for designing and distributing this wonderful amplifier. I have been enjoying this for over a month now to give it the full measure before I replied to you. You have my eternal gratitude.
Tom

Another unbiased feedback from Jon

Victor, just a progress report. The amp is up and running. Assembly took about 10 hours of off and on work. I have about 5 hours on it and the sound is getting better and better. The sound is just fantastic with great soundstage and imaging. By far better than any of my other solid state or tube amplifiers and by the way I have some dandies. Also as an added bonus the headphone amp far exceeds my expectations. Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.