AXPONA 2019

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

TU-8600 with Silver LL2770 + ELROG 300B + ECC803S X 1 + ECC802S X 2

Mr Per Lundahl and VK

flags_1

Feedback from UK

Hi Victor,
What can I say to you that you have not already heard about this remarkable amplifier TU8600?
Here we are, three weekends on from completion, albeit after a shaky start, just over 100 hours playing time and getting to sound more detailed, greater sound stage and inner detail at each listening session.
Made a couple more silly errors, nothing that was not easily sorted, and the two errors were saved by following the ‘logic’ in the construction manual.

Hey Ho Victor, Herb R nailed it in his review, but you know what, I am sure, even then he still understated it.
Regards,
Steve.

Last edited:
another feedback from Alan

Hi Victor,

Just wanted to report back to you, I built the Elekit 8600 a few days ago -- and it was a success! I love the sound, so refined, articulate, and fast. Moreover, I never felt more satisfaction with owning a piece of audio gear, I feel like I not only have an excellent sounding amplifier, but by digging my hands into its construction, I've learned so much more this hobby than I would have ever just reading online. And that is priceless! I purchased the kit -- and you upgraded my EH tube set to the Gold Lion without charge, which I'm so grateful for. I eventually want to upgrade my tubes to the Elrog but have to wait for finances before purchasing.

I would love trying tube rolling the preamp section in the meantime, I remember you mentioned getting a Telefunken ECC83 for the 12AX7 tube? How about the other two 12AU7, any suggestions there? I'm pairing the tube kit with the Klipsch RP600M that Herb Reichert reviewed together, it truly is an excellent match.

Thanks Victor, you're doing an awesome job and I love the products that you represent. Eventually would love to hear the Sparkler gear.

Take care,
Alan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.