Price $895.00

• You can adjust the headphone impedance
  • better components
  • Can use ALPS R27 volume pot

We will offer upgrade kit to upgrade to R version
Lundhal OPT option is coming....

New features
- Active automatic bias adjustment function
Other than 6L6GC that comes with the kit, KT66, KT88, EL34, 6550, etc can also be used.
  • UL, Triode and Pentode output mode
  • LOW ESR conductive polymer hybrid aluminium cathode Bypass capacitor
  • Headphone impedance can be selected by changing the jumper location
  • The protective circuit has been improved to avoid malfunction due to tube rolling

flags_1

Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Revised TU-8200R will be demo in AXPONA

New features
- Active automatic bias adjustment function
Other than 6L6GC that comes with the kit, KT66, KT88, EL34, 6550, etc can also be used.
- UL, Triode and Pentode output mode
- LOW ESR conductive polymer hybrid aluminium cathode Bypass capacitor
- Headphone impedance can be selected by changing the jumper location
- The protective circuit has been improved to avoid malfunction due to tube rolling

The first two features exist in the original model, has there been any change here?

The third one is included in the DX upgrade package.

The last two are really useful changes. The original model is optimized for high impedance headphones, and quite a few owners including myself had to replace FETs because of output tube failure.

Is the OPT the same?

It is a completely new design. I would say they are new features. Also the cathode bypass cap is an option before.

I am thinking to offer upgrade kit for existing TU-8200 owner. Maybe Lundahl OPT and Takman 2% options.

Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
The stock OPT is reasonably good for headphones but a bit smallish for speakers so I would not hesitate ordering the Lundahl upgrade. I have already made a decent amount of upgrade to my TU-8200 as I wrote in a separate thread, and the OPT upgrade would be the cherry on the cake.

- better protection circuit to prevent malfunction when Tube Rolling
- better coupling caps and cathode bypass cap

- You can adjust the headphone impedance
- better components
- Can use ALPS R27 volume pot

Tube set JJ 6L6GC X 2 + JJ ECC82 X 2

Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Thank you. The UNIT-1 has significant number of components and many owners have installed expensive caps or other parts, all of which would require desoldering (or purchasing again).

Is it possible to upgrade the UNIT-2 only? That one has just a few components for the headphone output and the global negative feedback.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Is ELEKIT TU-8200R a new revision of the amp that's going to be offered from Elekit (globally) or we're talking about an upgrade kit that's offered by you @vkung?

TU-8200R is certainly a new revision of the amp that will replace the original one when it has been sold out. The two biggest PCBs are different but the operating voltages and the connectors are the same, which is why the original model can be upgraded.

We have TU-8200R (new version). It WILL BE available next week in USA/CANDA. We are doing the English Manual.

I have few available next week. In fact we will offer LUNDHAL upgrade option in September. I am waiting the sample from Lundahl to ship to Mr Fujita's OK.

R version is $798.

The stock OPT is reasonably good for headphones but a bit smallish for speakers so I would not hesitate ordering the Lundahl upgrade. I have already made a decent amount of upgrade to my TU-8200 as I wrote in a separate thread, and the OPT upgrade would be the cherry on the cake.

I'd argue and say that my Altec Model 19's have been enjoying being mated with the 8200DX for about 3 years now, without issue, or lacking in any way.

I run a gamut of tubes. Outputs tube I have tried and used, KT-90's, KT-88's, 5881's, and my favorite so far, 807's with adapters. I usually rune the KT-88's in UL mode and the rest in pentode mode. I have ran the 807's in triode mode, but I can not really discern a definite sound improve or degradation while in triode mode.

I have really enjoyed my 8200DX over the years, and in my listening room, its output has provided many hours of musical enjoyment. I always recommend them to people and friends who are looking for a new , affordable tube amp or kit. you really can not go wrong with Elekit.

So with that said, I'm, about to order the 8500 pre after sitting on the fence thinking about either the 8500, Transendant GG, or the Schiit Saga or Freya. After a a period of time, I have decided on the Elekit, again...

VK, any rough estimate on the price on the OPT upgrade?

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I'd argue and say that my Altec Model 19's have been enjoying being mated with the 8200DX for about 3 years now, without issue, or lacking in any way.
(...)

Well, there must be some reasons why all Lundahl output transformers recommended for Elekit amps are much bigger and heavier than the stock OPTs.

One reason is the significant jump in THD below 40 Hz.

I use my TU-8200 with 92 dB 4 Ohm floor standing speakers. Although it sounds really nice at lower volumes, the sound gets a bit congested even before the power tubes reach their power limits. I do not have this feeling with headphones, which require less driving voltage.