Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 28th April 2019, 09:37 PM   #11
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

Unit 1 is major for tube rolling
Old 29th April 2019, 09:16 AM   #12
paczeltf is offline paczeltf  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaLee View Post
Is ELEKIT TU-8200R a new revision of the amp that's going to be offered from Elekit (globally) or we're talking about an upgrade kit that's offered by you @vkung?
TU-8200R is certainly a new revision of the amp that will replace the original one when it has been sold out. The two biggest PCBs are different but the operating voltages and the connectors are the same, which is why the original model can be upgraded.
Old 30th April 2019, 04:02 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Yes. We use the same OUTPUT Transformers and R-CORE power Transformer
Old 7th June 2019, 01:48 PM   #14
etinsley is offline etinsley  United States
diyAudio Member

I want one! When will they be available?
Old 7th June 2019, 04:52 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

We have TU-8200R (new version). It WILL BE available next week in USA/CANDA. We are doing the English Manual.

I have few available next week. In fact we will offer LUNDHAL upgrade option in September. I am waiting the sample from Lundahl to ship to Mr Fujita's OK.

R version is $798.
Old 8th June 2019, 11:36 PM   #16
oface1 is offline oface1
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paczeltf View Post
The stock OPT is reasonably good for headphones but a bit smallish for speakers so I would not hesitate ordering the Lundahl upgrade. I have already made a decent amount of upgrade to my TU-8200 as I wrote in a separate thread, and the OPT upgrade would be the cherry on the cake.

I'd argue and say that my Altec Model 19's have been enjoying being mated with the 8200DX for about 3 years now, without issue, or lacking in any way.

I run a gamut of tubes. Outputs tube I have tried and used, KT-90's, KT-88's, 5881's, and my favorite so far, 807's with adapters. I usually rune the KT-88's in UL mode and the rest in pentode mode. I have ran the 807's in triode mode, but I can not really discern a definite sound improve or degradation while in triode mode.

I have really enjoyed my 8200DX over the years, and in my listening room, its output has provided many hours of musical enjoyment. I always recommend them to people and friends who are looking for a new , affordable tube amp or kit. you really can not go wrong with Elekit.

So with that said, I'm, about to order the 8500 pre after sitting on the fence thinking about either the 8500, Transendant GG, or the Schiit Saga or Freya. After a a period of time, I have decided on the Elekit, again...

VK, any rough estimate on the price on the OPT upgrade?
Old 10th June 2019, 07:07 PM   #17
paczeltf is offline paczeltf  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oface1 View Post
I'd argue and say that my Altec Model 19's have been enjoying being mated with the 8200DX for about 3 years now, without issue, or lacking in any way.
(...)
Well, there must be some reasons why all Lundahl output transformers recommended for Elekit amps are much bigger and heavier than the stock OPTs.

One reason is the significant jump in THD below 40 Hz.

I use my TU-8200 with 92 dB 4 Ohm floor standing speakers. Although it sounds really nice at lower volumes, the sound gets a bit congested even before the power tubes reach their power limits. I do not have this feeling with headphones, which require less driving voltage.
Old 11th June 2019, 09:34 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

VK, any rough estimate on the price on the OPT upgrade?

The first sample will be available this week from Lundhal. I need MR Fujita's OK
If it is working good, I will offer in September
The price should be affordable..

ELEKIT TU-8200RHide this!Advertise here!