ELEKIT TU-8200R

R version with JJ 6L6GC + JJ 12AU7 X 2 $795
you can send email to info@VKmusic.ca

I really like that tube choice for the TU-8200 - I've worked my way up the JJ 12AU7 ladder in my non-R version of the TU-8200. I'm ccurrently running the ECC802S variant of the 12AU7 in the amp and think you can't go wrong with any of the JJ preamp tubes; I just prefer the ECC802S long plate version the best for the bass hump given that I'm running Heresy III speakers.

I've never tried the JJ 6L6GC but would like to give it a shot and this new tube compliment may be the motivation I have to give it a try. I've been running the JJ KT88 and really like that combo for speaker listening. The KT88 isn't the best choice for headphone listening in the non-R version of the TU-8200, so I suspect that the 6L6GC may be a better choice in the TU-8200R.

I've been planning on getting a TU-8600 at some point, and I have every reason to believe that I'd select JJ tubes when I make that step.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hi Victor, could I buy unit 1 and 2 for modification of TU-8200dx

If you are not rolling tubes very often, you do not really need to upgrade as the core part is practically the same, the difference happens when malfunctioning.

Also, the new unit 2 lets you control the headphone output level but not the output impedance so you may still need a custom configuration for your phones.

I will post a detailed comparison later.

Have bought the TU-8200R. This was the Japanese version (100V). Have built it and with a small mod on the T3(PWT) PT-8200-UNI, it runs now for 3 weeks on 230V. (all voltages within spec) Love the sound. Next mod will be the Alps 27 and some different tubes.

Hi peterwendy33, what was your mod? I also bought Japanese version but modified the connector instead of the board.

Hi vkung, when will Lundahl OPT be available?

Thanks

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Stil thinking about wether or not to go for the DAC.

Are you talking about Elekit PS-3249R? I bought that along with the TU-8200. It is an OK basic USB powered DAC with higher output voltage than what you get from an average portable device, and is good soldering exercise, but the amp deserves a much better DAC. I decided not to build it into the amp as it requires external wiring anyway.

You can improve the sound quality with external power supply and clock generator but IMO it is not worth the effort.