Happy Sparkler S504 owner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Dear Victor,

I wanted to write to let you know how pleased I am with my new Sparkler DAC (S504 Unison). I love the sound! It really makes my jazz and classical music collection come alive. Everything has a much fuller, richer sound versus the previous DAC I had been using. Some other reviewers have called it a “musical” sound and I agree – everything sounds much more lively with this DAC. I attended a live classical music concert yesterday and enjoyed the immediacy of the sound. This was what I had been missing with my previous DAC.

Besides the sound, the Sparkler S504 Unison DAC just looks cool. The handmade gold colored Japanese paper is quite distinctive. This DAC is very much a unique, handmade object, so rare in this age of mass production. I could have spent a lot more money on a so-called “prestige” brand DAC, but honestly this is much better – how many people have a Sparkler DAC?

I also ordered a full set of Sparkler interconnects, plus speaker wiring and a USB to SPDIF converter. All seem very well made and reasonably priced, and work great. Despite being custom made, the Sparkler products are priced well below other supposedly affordable brands.

I love that Mr. Tsukahara is basically running a one man shop, doing all the design and production by hand. He should be commended for his efforts.

And thank you for supporting him!

Best regards,

Jaylat

Last edited:
As for the difference between S504 and S512, S504 sounds direct but a little bit rough. It is a NOS DAC character.

Mr Kazutoshi Tsukahara feels that S512 has precise perspective, musical tonality and very smooth which is similar to vinyl Record.
Thanks.

I auditioned a pair of Focal Diablo Utopia speakers at a dealer a few days ago, and almost backed out. They sounded forward, bright, and soundstage seemed flat paired with YBA CDP and Aavik integrated amps.

Luckily, my friend who knew better convinced me that the speakers are extremely revealing, and that I was probably hearing the electronics. So I took the leap, and he was right! The Diablo Utopia sounds wonderful and coherent in my home :)

I must say that Mr. Tsukahara is spot on, and the electronics made by Sparkler Audio are mind-blowingly good despite its deceivingly low price point.

Attachments

• IMG_3149.jpeg
    IMG_3149.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 147
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.