Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 10th June 2020, 11:07 AM   #71
paczeltf is offline paczeltf  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Some thoughts on Elekit TU-8200DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lshj2015 View Post
(...)
1. for C22 and C33, you give a range about capacitance to choose. For example, C22, 270-330F, do you mean I can choose anything between 270 or 330? Which one is better, 270 or 330?
The bigger is the better, but I could not find any Nichicon cap over 270μF/400V that would fit the space.

Quote:
(...) max length is 22mm. You recommended Nichicon CS(M) 12.5x20 max length=20mm. I am not sure if these are OK.
When making my mods I carefully measured the max. length and diameter for each cap so if you exceed those you do that at your own risk. Why don't you open the case and do the measurements for yourself?

Quote:
(...) You recommended ⌀=8mm, not sure if ⌀=10mm is OK.
See notes above. The diameter of the caps is printed on the PCB everywhere. You can probably use fatter OS-CONs if you do not push them fully into place, but that would look ugly.

Quote:
(...) I think if the capacitance and voltage are right, and the size of the capacitor can fit in the space, that should be good enough, right?
Yes. Those that I recommended are premium models though.

Quote:
(...) is slightly better in term of sound clarity. That's why I am trying to upgrade, hope to improve the sound quality.
These mods made my amp sound much clearer and more dynamic.
Old 10th June 2020, 03:53 PM   #72
lshj2015 is offline lshj2015
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paczeltf View Post
The bigger is the better, but I could not find any Nichicon cap over 270μF/400V that would fit the space.

When making my mods I carefully measured the max. length and diameter for each cap so if you exceed those you do that at your own risk. Why don't you open the case and do the measurements for yourself?

See notes above. The diameter of the caps is printed on the PCB everywhere. You can probably use fatter OS-CONs if you do not push them fully into place, but that would look ugly.

Yes. Those that I recommended are premium models though.

These mods made my amp sound much clearer and more dynamic.
Thank you so much. I have very limited knowledge of capacitor and electronic circuit, just start learning and I believe I have asked very novice questions. When I am looking for capacitors, there are so many different parameters that I am always afraid to choose the wrong one.

For example, for C13 and C14, I found Panasonic SEPG OS-CON; 470μF/16V ⌀=8mm. Everything matched with your suggestion except it's SEPG not SEPC that you suggested. I can't find the one match exactly as your suggested, The SEPC only has ⌀=10mm. I would assume if it's 470μF/16V it should be OK. Not sure if SEPC or SEPG will make a difference.

I have an old Sansui receiver that might need recap because it generate significant "hiss" background noise with both speakers and headphone, would like to take this opportunity to learn more. Thanks a lot.
Old 24th June 2020, 09:23 PM   #73
SandorS is offline SandorS
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paczeltf View Post
- They also used standard values as much as possible, which is why you see many resistors and capacitors with the same values (180kOhms, 220μF/16V, 1μF/50V, etc.). This is perfectly fine, they do the job. The most extreme example is probably the bridge rectifiers. D5,D6,D7 are all the same even if they are used for very different purposes. D7 works the closest to its limits, and I suggest changing it to a 2A version even if you want to use 12AU7/ECC82 as the driver tube as the forward voltage drop will be a bit lower, which relates to the next topic.

Ferenc
Hi Ferenc, Thanks a lot for all you've been sharing.
A question if I may for the mod of D7, as I do not find the recommended DB207 but find SDB207.
I guess the key is that it's a 2A version as opposed to 1A the stock DB107. How about other parameters, in case?

SDB207 has 1,2V @ 2A Voltage Forward (Max) @ If
Whilst DB207 has 1,1V @ 2A.
Can I use the 1,2V version?

Thanks as usual.

I've made some of the mods per your sheet already, including replacing C22 with a 330 μF one. A dramatic difference already.

Kind regards
Sandor
Old 26th June 2020, 07:08 AM   #74
paczeltf is offline paczeltf  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Some thoughts on Elekit TU-8200DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandorS View Post
Hi Ferenc, Thanks a lot for all you've been sharing.
A question if I may for the mod of D7, as I do not find the recommended DB207 but find SDB207. (...)
Hi Sandor,

SDB207 is the surface mount version of DB207. The 8200R uses DI1510, I would try to order its 2A equivalent DI2010. Also check size.

Ferenc
Old 26th June 2020, 07:39 AM   #75
diyAudio Member

Thanks Ferenc
I've been thinking to straighten the legs of SDB207 and solder in then. If I can do so that it fits physically. Maybe this is silly.

Many thanks for all help
Old 26th June 2020, 12:31 PM   #76
peters is offline peters  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello SandorS,

I used the DF210-G as a substitute (D5, D6, D7) in my upgraded (per paczeltf) TU-8200DX build:

Blocked

Peter
Old 27th June 2020, 09:37 AM   #77
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters View Post
Hello SandorS,

I used the DF210-G as a substitute (D5, D6, D7) in my upgraded (per paczeltf) TU-8200DX

Peter
Thanks Peter!

Some thoughts on Elekit TU-8200DXHide this!Advertise here!