Elekit 8200 right channel not workingtubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone. I just built an Elekit 8200 DX but the right channel isn’t working. I’ve rechecked my work to make sure all parts are where the should be, are soldered, and that the polarity is correct. I’ve swapped the right and left channel tubes, but nothing makes a difference. This is my first build, so I am open to any feedback.Thanks,
CB63

Hi Victor, thanks for the response. I’ve checked the 2 points where 2 pcb’s come together, and they look fine, as far as I can tell. I’ve also checked my work carefully against the manual, and it also seems ok. I will check my soldering points and re-do any that look improperly done.Thanks again, and I’ll keep you posted.

Success!

Hi all. Just an update. I resoldered all the points connected to my right channel. I was skeptical it would work, to be honest, since I couldnt see anything obviously wrong, but it worked. The sound is excellent and seems to be getting better as the tubes burn in. What surprises me most is the quality of the headphone output. I’m listening to accoustic jazz with my Sennheiser 650s, and the sound seems at least comparable to, and maybe better than, what I hear using my Woo audio WA6 using an NOS Mullard GZ34 tube. I just have the stock tubes in the Elekit, so I’m looking forward to what I hear with some tube rolling.Thanks to those who replied, especially Victor. This is a wonderful little amp for any of you folks on the fence.
CB63

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.