Elekit TU8200 and Latino Dynakit???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just built a set of CSS Criton 1TD V2. I am driving them with an Elekit TU-8200 that only puts out around 8 watts a channel. This system is in a small room and sounds wonderful but 8 watts a channel is a limiting factor.

I have been planning to buy one of Bob Latino's Dynakits but it just dawned on me that the Dynakit may not sound as good as the TU-8200 at lower listening levels. If this is likely to be the case I would pass on the Dynakit.

My listening tends toward Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Bob Seger, and the like.

Has anyone compared the Tu-8200 and Dynakit?

Chinook9,
The best of both worlds might be the TU-8340VK. It's switchable to triode (on the fly) and sounds great with Genalex KT77s (Russian reissue). Be warned that to get the best from this amp the Lundahl option, though pricey, is worth it. See the TU-8340 page on the vkmusic.ca site with links to the Wall of Sound.ca review.

Cheers, Steve

Chinook9,
The best of both worlds might be the TU-8340VK. It's switchable to triode (on the fly) and sounds great with Genalex KT77s (Russian reissue). Be warned that to get the best from this amp the Lundahl option, though pricey, is worth it. See the TU-8340 page on the vkmusic.ca site with links to the Wall of Sound.ca review.

Cheers, Steve

I have considered the TU-8340VK. I won't rule it out, but I'd prefer spending somewhat less. I'll just have to wait and see.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.