Feedbacks from TU-8600 with Elrog 300B

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are the feedbacks from TU-8600 owners.
Elrog tubes are a very good match for TU-8600

Here is the comment from Kory. He is talking about TU-8600 + Elrog
I'm shocked at how good this is sounding....
easily beats my Pass Labs 30.8 in many ways....

From Eryn
Hi Victor,

Thanks for the Elrog tubes, here is my impression:

They are well packed in a nice box with the certificate signed by Thomas. My mind always think they are smaller than a WE300B, but when I have the real tubes in my hands they are much taller and no need to use the cage. Like many other German engineering stuff, they are really well made and looks very impressive.

After warming them up some time in my TU-8600 and its time to see how they sound. I have tried some vocals, jazz and classical on them and I am so glad to have them. Compare to the Psvane WE300Bs I've been using for nearly a year, I should say the Elrogs are a totally different breed and level of tubes. Their sound and style is very unique, the overall music sounds more modern, tight but not restrained; the interesting thing its it has bring out a kind of ambience to music... the background is more quiet and details seems more refined and polished. An good example is: when I listened to violin recitals, its amazing they brought out those very quiet and subtle feeling in the air of a real performance. Also, the lower end of music also sounds stronger then Psvane WE300B, like the strings of cello feels much stronger, firm and powerful. Although Psvane sounds very good already, the Elrogs can make me listen music in a different perspective. Of course, they are much more expensive than the Psvanes, I think they worth the price and I would probably use them lightly. Victor, thank you so much for bringing these amazing tubes for TU-8600.

Eryn

This feedback from Richard
Hi Victor,

I have 4 different 300B and this is my preliminary verdict:
1. ELROG 300B is very balanced for low, mid, and high. What stands out is the dark background I perceive in my mind. Very tiny background sound comes alive with ELROG. It does not mean cold kind of details; it makes the music more inviting and pleasant to listen to. I like ELROG the best.
2. Psvane WE300B replica is very balanced for low, mid and high, but the background is not as clear as ELROG which gives more depth in comparison. It is a very good tube at half of the cost of ELROG.
3. Super TNT 300BD is stronger in bass compared among all four tubes. The high is brighter too. For certain type of music this tube may out-perform all other three tubes, but it is not for vocal music for sure. it is priced at half as much as WE300B.
4. Gold Lion PX300B is the cheapest tube among four, but overall it is very well balanced. I have no complaint for this basic day to day use tube. It is the best for value.

I must spend more time listening to more different music to give an update.

Richard

I am accepting the pre order of Elrog 300B with Elekit TU-8600. The next production is March/April 2019

flags_1

Last edited:
Hi Victor. I agree with you. I own TU8600 with Elrog tubes too. But only one thing. If ecc82 is not in good state, maybe that filaments of elrog tubes light off one or two seconds before light on again. I told to elekit to find how repair this problem, but they only told me use ecc82 in very good state. In picture is possible see two lines, in blue enable line of optocoupler and in red, current across filament: two starts every time..(filament light on, then light off two seconds and finally light on)
So, if you use elrog tubes be careful when ecc82 is not in very good state.
Best regards all.

Attachments

• problem with 8600 and elrog tubes.jpg
    problem with 8600 and elrog tubes.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 168
Hi. I tried some types and for me, the very best is RCA clear top. But this, if is not in good state does a glitch in the enable line of optocoupler. And for ecc83, later try some, the best, for me, is e83cc of tesla. Elrog better than EML and Genalex.
But every person has different tastes...
The Tu8600 is an incredible amp. And with your upgrades and better tubes is really wonderful. Thanks a lot.
My problem with Elrog dissapear when change to another pair of ecc82 in good state.

Viktor,

I'm so interested in these tubes. I may need to sell some gear in my "museum" to buy them as I'm tapped out. I built the 8600 about 14 months ago and am in heaven.

Can you sell the Elrog 300bs to former purchasers of the 8600 from you?

PS I read the Stereophile review and I agree with it. The 8600 is so clear it's like water. I cannot thank you enough for all of your customer support and passion along the way!

PPS I would love to build another 8600 and disable the volume controls so I could use them as monoblocks. Have you ever considered this project?

with Victor's permission:

Sound Context Audio is the distributor for ELROG tubes in South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand.

We carry ER300B, ER845, ER211 and ER274B in Stock in Singapore. Our prices include insured shipping throughout SEA, Australia and NZ. 12 Month Warranty to original purchaser.

Visit Vacuum Tubes and Amplifiers | Sound Context Audio for more details or email us at sales@soundcontextaudio.com

cheers,
Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.