The TU-8600 Such an incredible sounding amp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
O6TDXJa.jpg

Originally bought this used and already assembled off a friend that was downsizing. it was through him and online research that I found out about how up-gradable the amp is.

I listened to the stock amp with PSVANE tubes for a few weeks and loved it. I could only imagine how it would sound with upgrades. I had contacted VKung about upgrading my already assembled amp prior to my purchase.

It was a very slow and arduous process even with the proper gear. But I took my time and carefully removed every stock resistor, and stock coupling caps.

I upgraded my stock TU-8600 with the upgrades offered by Vkung. the Takman 2% Carbon Resistor, Mundorf Supreme EVO Capacitors, TKD pot with the PCB, and of course the LL2770 OPT with PCB and support bars. I decided to upgrade all of the tubes with Gold Lion tubes as well. Vkung sets a very hihgh standard to customer service!

If I had to give an arbitrary number to how big of an improvement VKung's modification make it easily has to be a 40% improvement! Its like if every upgrade was squeezing every ounce of possible performance and quality sound from this amp.

I have been listening to my VKung upgraded TU-8600 for a month now and I easily have about 70 plus hours on it.. it has aged nicely into perfection, what ever little harshness from the first 10 hours has greatly subdued.

There are so many unbiased individual comments in CAF.

Art Dudley’s comments about TU-8600 and AER Driver

Capital Audiofest: Hitting the Ground Running | Stereophile.com

Enjoy the Music

Capital Audiofest 2018: Big Fun, Cool Vibe, Great Sound Part One -- CAF 2018 Show Report By Greg Weaver Of Enjoy the Music.com

twitteringmachines

CAF 2018: Mostly Sights 2 | Twittering Machines

Herb Reichert
Herb's Third Report from CAF | Stereophile.com

Coming soon...
There is a full review from Herb Reichert

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.