Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 15th May 2018, 06:20 AM   #1
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default AER BD4

Click the image to open in full size.

Extracted from Stereophile
Herb's First Morning in Munich | Stereophile.com

So, folks, here are a couple things you need to understand about Munich High End 2018:
As a rule, Europe brings to audio a different aesthetic and perspective than America—they are way less into giant, million-dollar, solid-state amplifiers and way more into low-power tube amps. And . . . they are definitely into horn loudspeakers in a way that most Americans cannot fathom. I was in Munich for three days and I could never have covered all the rooms featuring horn speakers. Can you imagine that many horn speakers at CES, RMAF, or AXPONA? I can't.
Mainstream taste in American high-end audio leans towards a kind of left-brain precision in detail, imaging, and, of course, super-tight bass response. Europeans, on the other hand, take a more colorful right brain approach. Europeans understand that presence = essence and they demand a lot corporeality from their hi-fis. Americans favor speed and focus while Europeans favor weight and body.
Americans want to see the piano. Europeans want to feel the piano—which is why they favor horns so much.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by vkung; 15th May 2018 at 06:25 AM.

AER BD4Hide this!Advertise here!