AER BD4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Extracted from Stereophile
Herb's First Morning in Munich | Stereophile.com

So, folks, here are a couple things you need to understand about Munich High End 2018:
As a rule, Europe brings to audio a different aesthetic and perspective than America—they are way less into giant, million-dollar, solid-state amplifiers and way more into low-power tube amps. And . . . they are definitely into horn loudspeakers in a way that most Americans cannot fathom. I was in Munich for three days and I could never have covered all the rooms featuring horn speakers. Can you imagine that many horn speakers at CES, RMAF, or AXPONA? I can't.
Mainstream taste in American high-end audio leans towards a kind of left-brain precision in detail, imaging, and, of course, super-tight bass response. Europeans, on the other hand, take a more colorful right brain approach. Europeans understand that presence = essence and they demand a lot corporeality from their hi-fis. Americans favor speed and focus while Europeans favor weight and body.
Americans want to see the piano. Europeans want to feel the piano—which is why they favor horns so much.

flags_1

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.