TU-8600 wire braiding question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I've been following the Lundahl transformer photos from the forum to figure out how to connect them. But I see a photo of the grey, green, black wires that connect to the secondary board are braided. So I figured out how to braid three wires and have braided them. But I don't see in the picures whether the four white, blue, orange, red wires for the primary are braided or not. So...

1. Should the four primary wires be braided?
2. Are the braids functional or just aesthetic? I've seen amps where two wires are twisted to reduce noise caused by magnetic fields. But I'm not sure whether three or more wires can be twisted or braided to do the same thing. If the braids serve an electronic purpose, is there a specific way they should be braided? It seems like three wire braids are pretty standard, but there are multiple methods of braiding four wires/strands on Youtube.

If the four wires should be braided, could anybody point me to an online video that shows me the technique?

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.