Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 21st October 2019, 03:44 PM   #11
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thank you for your encouragement
DIY is my passion...
Old 22nd October 2019, 03:47 PM   #12
wlowes is online now wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkung View Post
Thank you for your encouragement
DIY is my passion...
My pleasure. I call out good stuff when I hear it. But I think it is extra cool when the people selling great stuff are also DIY enthusiasts. Nelson Pass is one of those people. Lukas Fikus has some of those qualities.

I think it is cool that you have found a sweet spot in Japanese single ended design, and have brought that to the market in an affordable way.

When we met, you casually mentioned that simplicity of design is essential to great sound. That is my mantra. I run OTL triode mono's into full range OB drivers with no crossover on the main driver. So no accident that I appreciated the sound you were producing. If I build a second system for my living room, I am coming straight to your site for your 300B amp.
Old 22nd October 2019, 06:17 PM   #13
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

Extracted from audiosciencereview.com

Why don't all speaker manufacturers design for flat on-axis and smooth off-axis? | Page 23 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

I also got an audition of one of the crazier speakers at the show: the AER speakers. These use what look to be some Lowther-type driver, augmented by huge (plastic?) "lenses" surrounding them, focusing the sound towards the listener. Very crazy looking. No bass to speak of. But holy cow, when I got in to a close seat in the center for an acoustic guitar piece, it was perhaps the most vividly "real" sounding presentation I've ever heard of an acoustic guitar. It wasn't just the clarity, but the sense of the guitar right in front of me moving air, like a real guitar, with every pluck. Fascinating!

Last edited by vkung; 23rd October 2019 at 06:00 PM.

AER Driver with DIY CabinetHide this!Advertise here!