Buzzing TU8600

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey - so my amp was completely silent. But when I moved to my new house, the faceplates are the type that don't have any screws showing, and the Japanese style power chord with the separate ground that connected to the faceplate screw, and I assume, grounded through the outlet box, no longer worked, so I stuck a normal three prong plug into the amp. I noticed right away there was a slight difference. The amp was still silent, but when I touched the volume there was a slight buzzing, so I assume it's not grounding correctly.

Now I bought a new turntable, and it grounds through I think the right channel of the amp, and I'm hearing a slight buzz all the time when I turn it on.

Any advice on how to fix this? What makes the Japanese cable so different?

when I touched the volume there was a slight buzzing, so I assume it's not grounding correctly. Yes ....
If you have R27 volume pot, you need to sand the area around the R27 washer to make sure you have a good grounding with the chassis.

alternative method
inset a U-shaped terminal
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
when I touched the volume there was a slight buzzing, so I assume it's not grounding correctly. Yes ....
If you have R27 volume pot, you need to sand the area around the R27 washer to make sure you have a good grounding with the chassis.

alternative method
inset a U-shaped terminal
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks Victor - second question - I have a new turntable that grounds through the right channel on the preamp for the turntable, and the preamp I think grounds through the right channel in the amp. Does the 8600 right channel have a ground I can check? I'm also getting a similar buzzing when using the turntable. I don't really care about the turntable, but if there's a problem with the grounding in the amp, I want to make sure to fix.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.