Ground Wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see the plug that came with Elekit has a separate ground wire. Would this be better to replace with a three pronged plug? If not, what is the name of the type of socket i need to buy in order to support this separate ground wire? I looked for "Socket with external ground" but it didn't show me much.

Thanks,

Something like this?

Not sure if you can tell, but the ground wire is green and comes out the side of the plug head. A socket for this would look like a normal 2 plug socket, except where the second lower plug is, there's a screw that i guess connects to some kind of ground. Alternatively I could just get a 3 prong plug instead, but, I can't find it now, I've read, that this option with the green wire is actually quieter.

Free-shipping-new-two-spot-with-a-separate-cord-plug-3-0-75-square-font-b.jpg

Found it

Check page two of this review - I think the link below takes you to page 2, go about halfway down or search "ground" and it explains it. I'm trying to find the right socket to install to work with this plug.

6moons audio reviews: Triode TRK3488

Something about a floating ground.

Here is what looks to be another option, would just connecting the wire to the socket screw work? ground on the box?

3_groundADAPTER_w.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.