I ordered a TU-8200 DX today

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I ordered a TU-8200 DX today.

This will be going into my Home Office/Den so it should work well for my use.

Is there anything I should watch out for during the build?
Are there any mods that should be done during the build?

Thank you

Last edited:
See the third page of the 6moons review. The author describes drilling holes in the chassis top to access the triode-pentode-UL jumpers without disassembling the amp. Drilling large holes in sheet metal can be tricky. If you don't want to tackle it yourself, take it to a local tool and die shop. It will only likely cost you a $20 donation to the shop coffee fund and you'll get a professional job. Mark where you want the holes then protect the exterior surfaces of the chassis with painter's tape to prevent damage during the machining process.

6moons audio reviews: Elekit TU-8200DX

Cheers, Steve

See the third page of the 6moons review. The author describes drilling holes in the chassis top to access the triode-pentode-UL jumpers without disassembling the amp. Drilling large holes in sheet metal can be tricky. If you don't want to tackle it yourself, take it to a local tool and die shop. It will only likely cost you a $20 donation to the shop coffee fund and you'll get a professional job. Mark where you want the holes then protect the exterior surfaces of the chassis with painter's tape to prevent damage during the machining process.

6moons audio reviews: Elekit TU-8200DX

Cheers, Steve

I have read that review, I would think I could also use a step drill.
I may just run it without the top on for a bit and see which way I like it best.

Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.