Elekit TU-8500 Best buy Award

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Moon and Stereo
Best Buy Award

Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine: THE GREATEST BANG FOR THE BUCK - ELEKIT TU-8500 REVIEW

flags_1

Last edited:
I am wondering- what Elekit TU-8500 could do to music enjoyment. I have "built" Elekit TU-8200. I love it! And there are some room for "caps" upgrade and tube rolling.

It is enough for me with two input pairs- one for CD player and second- smart TV. I do not plan to buy turntable. Would Elekit TU-8500 give me something more than couple more inputs and joy to build?

Elekit 8500

My system is the 8200 amp with the 8500 preamp. It's a great little system. Both kits are a pleasure to build. The phono stage on the 8500 is awesome, so don't discount that as merely an add on. My speakers are home made cabinets Mark Audio Pensils (MLTL), they sound incredible with this pairing. Let me know if you want pictures I'll be happy to post some for you...

Very pleased with the TU-8500 thus far. Rolled in a pair of JAN Phillips tubes, which was a big improvement over stock. Still a little bit of hiss between tracks so will try a pair of GL 12AU7s. . Have ordered a pair of TI's LM4562NA op-amps to roll into the phono-stage to see if that helps with the soft bass with the 2227s. Sure cheap compared to rolling tubes.

I'm considering building the TU-8500 to sit under my TU-8200. It would replace a Cambridge CP-1 phono stage that sits on top of the 8200.
My source is Technics 1200 with Nagaoka MP-110. I also have a Schitt Loki between the phono stage and 8200. All of this feeds Klipsch RP-600M with GR-research upgraded crossovers.

Maybe I'm just fishing for some free peer pressure here, and I will enjoy building the 8500 for the sake of the activity, but will I notice the difference vs. the Cambridge?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.