Sun Valley 211/845 amp - initial impression

Hi Victor, is the Sunvalley 211/845 amp still available and what is the current kit price in US? I am interested in getting either the 845 amp or the TU8900 with lundahls. By the way I am quite comfortable with the v. high voltages used in the 845 amp.
Also I haven't see much in terms of specifications/reviews on this amp. Do you have more information? ie:
(1) input sensitivity, (2) power consumption of the amp, (3) does it support all 4,8,16 Ohm speaker impedances, (4)who makes the output transformers? Tango/Hashimoto?
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
I am on my way from Munich to Vancouver
I have 211/845 amp in stock
I will give you more info on Tuesday evening
Sounds good, thanks. Oh by the way if you happen to know info like the actual output impedance of the amp or its damping factor when driving any of the 4,8, or 16 Ohms that will be very helpful too so that I can be sure it works fine with my speakers.

Yes, Sunvalley is traditional tube sound . Elekit 's sound is between sold state and tube amp
sunvalley uses choke and tube receifier. point to point comstruction
elekit is pcb.. no choke and tube rectifier

I know you don't like it but right now I am using my tu8600 with my headphones (off speaker taps).. hd800S, hd650 and zmf atticus. It sounds very good but I want a warmer, richer sound.. more traditional set. Should I try sunvalley ? I know you said no headphones but thats how I am using these amps. It works good with speaker tap to XLR cable (I am trying to get something that competes with DNA Stellaris).

I am on my way from Munich to Vancouver
I have 211/845 amp in stock
I will give you more info on Tuesday evening
Hi Victor, I still have interest in the 845 amp. But like some more information regarding it.

Also I haven't see much in terms of specifications/reviews on this amp. Do you have more information? ie:
(1) input sensitivity, (2) power consumption of the amp, (3) does it support all 4,8,16 Ohm speaker impedances, (4)who makes the output transformers? Tango/Hashimoto? (5)actual output impedance of the amp ie damping factor into 8 Ohm if you know it. (6) any harmonic or IM distortion plots?

By the way I own a TU8200R wth lundahl transformers and it's a wonderful amp. It sounds very nice playing into medium-sensitive speakers(86dB) with speaker loads>>6Ohms . I've upgraded the caps, improved the power supply filtering, and the input tubes.

I am now looking for something similar or better than the TU8200R with at least twice the output power ie ~ 15++Watts

(1) input sensitivity, (2) power consumption of the amp, (3) does it support all 4,8,16 Ohm speaker impedances, (4)who makes the output transformers? Tango/Hashimoto? (5)actual output impedance of the amp ie damping factor into 8 Ohm if you know it. (6) any harmonic or IM distortion plots?

This is the spec. from Sunvalley
SV-S1628D 845/211 Amp kit
Tube set:845 or 211 X 2, 12AU7 X 2, 12BH7A X 2
845:16W+16W、211:7.5W+7.5W (8Ω,THD:10%) 
Frequency Response :15Hz~60kHz(1W/8Ω/-3dB)
Gain :845:23dB(8Ω)、211:26dB(8Ω)

It supports 4,8,16 ohm
For sure, it is a japanses OPT not Hashimoto or Tango. If it is Hasimoto or Tango the amp will not sell at the current pricing.
Hum and bias pots are available.

If you want 15W , you can look at 211/845 SV-1628D 0r SV128ii