Elekit TU-8100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ELEKIT TU-8100 Siemens PCL86

Available November 15, 2012 Price $345.00
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

With optional DAC

[specifications]
●Vacuum tube: PCL86 (14GW8)X 2 Siemens
●Output: In 2W +2W (THD=10%, 1kHz, 6 Ω load)
●Input: 500mV (INPUT-1: RCA jack)
     : 150mV (INPUT-2: a stereo minijack)
●Residual noise: 40μV (IEC WEIGHTING))
●Frequency : 23Hz - 33kHz
●Speaker impedance: 4-8 Ω
●Output terminal: Binding terminal
●Power supply voltage: AC100V 50/60Hz (3P inlet)
●Main body power supply: DC12V 2A
●Dimensions: including the W142 X H136 X D178mm
●AC adapter: AC100 - 240V (50-60Hz)
●Weight: Approx 1.8 kg

I made the amplifier’s power supply turn off when USB’s power supply is turned off by TU-8100.

TU-8100 can be built into the PS-3249, and you can build it in according to the manual.
Here I made another attempt to devise a remodeling. Even if I turn off a PC, turning off the interconnecting equipment tends to be forgotten.

The same is true for an amplifier.

If I forget to turn off the H80, it is a hybrid configuration and electricity consumption is low, so it is within my tolerance level. However, when I forget to turn off the single-ended Class-A vacuum tube amplifier in “energy-saving summer”; I have a crippling sense of guilt.

The USB’s power supply will turn off if I shut down or hibernate the notebook PC, so I took advantage of this, I detected USB-DAC’s bus power was turned off and remodeled it to shut down TU-8100 as well. (Basically I cannot turn off the bus power even though I shut down the desk top PC. However it is possible to use it if you can change the setting to turn off.)

The remodeling itself is simple if I completely synchronize with the USB. However if I do so, I have to connect to the PC in order to turn on the amplifier even when I want to listen to a source other than USB-DAC.

Therefore although the number of parts has increased slightly, when the bus power goes from ON to OFF, the amplifier also go to OFF, but I made when I turn on the amplifier again I can turn it on without connecting to the PC.

(The amplifier doesn't start automatically in bus power OFF→ON. )
I add a circuit to TU-8100. This is the image of the figure which I wrote in an additional circuit to the TU-8100’s instruction and I mounted on the back of the circuit board.
.(Click to enlarge image)

Option : Automatic Shut off option

Option : USB-DAC

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.