Triode Corporation Japan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
trk-3488_01.jpg

trk-3488_02.jpg

trk-3488interior.jpg

TRK-3488 is designed as a tribute to the 15th anniversary of the Triode Corporation Japan.

We look forward to making a return to the basic values of the triode TRK series as originally debuted. The concept is a Class A design that can use either EL34 or KT88/6550C to enjoy the splendid sounds. This amp automatically adjusts its bias system.

The contents of this kit is complete. Just solder the components to the printed circuit board, install the chassis wiring board and you’re almost done. Tip - all input, and volume control wiring are pre-wired. Average time of creation is 5-6 hours.

Kiwame resistor or Vcap upgrade is available.

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

TRK-3488 Specifications

Tube EL34 × of 2, 12AX7 × 2
Option KT88 (6550)
NFB ON / OFF enable (ON at 4dB)
Circuit type Class A
Rated Output 10W +10 W (8Ω)
Frequency Response 20Hz ~ 40kHz (± 1dB)
SN ratio 90dB
Input Sensitivity 700mV
Input impedance 100kΩ
Input RCA 4 lines (LINE1 ~ LINE4)
Speaker output 4Ω-8Ω
Power consumption 70W
Size: 310 × 280 depth × height 185mm horizontal
Weight: 12kg
Accessories: tube cover, power cable, and 2 spare fuses
Tooling needed: soldering iron, pliers, cutters, and a screwdriver

VKMusic.ca Home page

Last edited:
Thanks vKung (and also thanks for your pm)

Do you know the name of the Norwegian distributor? I haven't found any and they are not listed on the webpage of Triode Corp. I have spoken to the company that Triode Corp lists as their distributor in Sweden, but they no longer sell Triode equipment.
I have also tried the Danish distributor, but they seem to no get hold of the trk.3488 model.

Thanks again!

all the best,
Dyrevennen.

Still available?

Victor, do you still have any of these? Would be interested in current price including Kiwame resistors and Vit Q caps.

Also, interested in the volume control upgrade for the Elekit 879s.

PS. I noticed on another forum that someone asked about using the KT120s in the Elekit. I used them for about 5 months with no problems, then one of them died suddenly accompanied by a loud hum. No harm to the amp, I think the tube was bad. I put my previous Russian Tung Sol 6550s back in - they definitely are my favorite for sweet sound with a good short-plate 12AX7 - but they also lack treble and are boomy/loose in the bass. Following that I went back to a Sovtek 12AX&-LPS plus matched cryo SED KT88s, where I have since stayed. After that rolling adventure I see no point in the KT120s compared to KT88s for the 879.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.