Help me please bypass ballast on SONY VPL-CX3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello good people, i'm trying for months to bypass ballast on this projector without luck... i have service manual:
service manual for Sony VPL-CS3_CX2_CX3 VPL-CS3 CX2 CX3 schematics,datasheets,diagrams,repairs,schema,service fix document,eeprom bins,pcb.
but cant figure it out where is and where to cut lamp error signal... i read from another thread

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-projectors/172262-digital-ballast-bypass-expirimenting-2.html
"Well I managed to get a copy of the "Holy Grail" for this projector....AKA the service manual. Its funny that you were talking about using a PIC to communicate with the ballast. This projector uses a PIC to control all ballast functions.

After studying the schematics and trouble shooting. I figured that the Lamp_Err signal coming out of the PIC was the place to start. This signal is around 70mV and jumps to 5V when a lamp error is detected. This signal is sent through a buffer IC then to the main processor.
By cutting the trace from the pic to the buffer and connecting the buffer pin to the buffer ground the projector stays on...."

and i cant figure it out nothing from this i need help please :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.