The math behind fresnel lenses and focusing for the projector lens?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The basic idea behind a Fresnel lens is simple. Imagine taking a plastic magnifying glass lens and slicing it into a hundred concentric rings (like the rings of a tree). Each ring is slightly thinner than the next and focuses the light toward the centre. ... Large Fresnel lenses are often used as solar concentrators and light houses. They parallel the light source, not focus it.
B&O many years ago perfected a light shift lens. That turned the rotary wave of the light source into one plane doubling the light usage through the LCD imagers. One per colour; Red, Green and Blue. The light box after that point does the focusing.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Wish I could be of some help, but I'm not. Even tho I've been a video projectionist for over 30 years, none of the projectors I use contain Fresnel lenses. Overheard projectors do, stage lights do.

Hope you find your answer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.