Need some help with Nec vt580

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently got my hand on the Nec vt580 projector. I spent some time researching how to bypass the ballast only to finding out that is serial communication projector, and the normal means to hack it don't work. I got my hand on the service manual, but sadly is out of my wheel house. I have very basic skills in that aspect. At any rate I came across this old post by crazifunguy.
Well I managed to get a copy of the "Holy Grail" for this projector....AKA the service manual. Its funny that you were talking about using a PIC to communicate with the ballast. This projector uses a PIC to control all ballast functions.

After studying the schematics and trouble shooting. I figured that the Lamp_Err signal coming out of the PIC was the place to start. This signal is around 70mV and jumps to 5V when a lamp error is detected. This signal is sent through a buffer IC then to the main processor.

404 Error – Page not found

By cutting the trace from the pic to the buffer and connecting the buffer pin to the buffer ground the projector stays on....

SUCCESS!! So far anyways. I havent tested for more than 2 minutes. I dont know what repeated errors will do to the pic or any other part of the circuit.

I been trying for the past week to find schematics for my power supply-ballast pb69 part# 3n100831. with no luck. Hoping some can point me in the right direction to get my hands on it. I also came across this post on another forum.The beginning - UV DLP projector conversion hack for 3D printer page 2 Emulator - UV DLP projector conversion hack for 3D printer Basically the guy built a Ballast emulator hoping some one guide me to build one of my own. Here is the zip for service manual VT48-580.pdf :: Free File Hosting - File Dropper: File Host for Mp3, Videos, Music, Documents.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.