Go Back   Home > Forums > > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LG g3 to projector
LG g3 to projector
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st August 2017, 06:03 PM   #1
Duude is offline Duude
diyAudio Member

Default LG g3 to projector

Hello guys, at some time i started to think about getting a projector but they are very expensive , and cheap ones are very bad. i am thinking now that i wont loose much by making projector myself instead of buying cheap one.
Sad that I discovered this forum after I ordered all parts
so i have lg g3 phone ips screen with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution 5,5 inch in size i am going to put it in between these lenses High Quality 1 Pair DIY Universal 7 Inch Fresnel Lens 0.1mm Spacing For HD Projector FPV Goggles Headset-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group and problem is i have no idea how to choose lens for image projection , in front fresnel lens is 170 mm for focus so my current choice is lens witch claims to be 180 mm focal length
Factory sale! LED Projector DIY Lens Focal Length f=180mm DQPL F180 Projection Lens for 3 7 inches Projectors LCD-in Projector Accessories from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group ? ,So my problem is i have no idea how projection lens parameters efects final image and want fresnel lens to fit the projection lense , maybe someone has any sugestions? I have space between projector and wall from 4-5 meters, is my 180 lens suitable for my setup or where is a better option?

At the moment I am waiting for parts to arrive
Fresnel lens and power supply has already arrived and i have found some coolers,
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Duude; 31st August 2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 8th January 2019, 01:16 PM   #2
Nickx is offline Nickx
diyAudio Member

Default Enjoying the projector?

I know it's an old post, but have you had some success with the G3 Screen, I've been thinking of doing something similar.

LG g3 to projectorHide this!Advertise here!