Customized Nameplates, stickers, etc...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,
I can provide you with customized nameplates, stickers, labels, engravements. It can be customized to your request and it is anodized. This would be great for anyone that wants to use professional labels, plates, etc... for there projector. Its 10 dollars plus shipping for a small job. PM me if you need large orders.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
guys

i got a few off of mike the other week for the projector i made if u guys remeber it lol i had them anodized in charcoal grey to match the colour of my projector, and they wer alloy, i think it makes the professinal finnish us guys deserve on our pride and joy, and the fact that mike does these as custom its perfect for our setup as we have manny different sizes for our inputs and cases, i recon if u guys wana go that bit further and make it more pro get some of these from mike.

thanks mike much apreciated

trev

mikekniner said:
Hey,
I can provide you with customized nameplates, stickers, labels, engravements. It can be customized to your request and it is anodized. This would be great for anyone that wants to use professional labels, plates, etc... for there projector. Its 10 dollars plus shipping for a small job. PM me if you need large orders.

Can you provide us with engraved front panels, let's say 4"x17"?

Hey,
You go through me, fonts would have to stay simple, no cursive fonts etc... You would have to tell me how deep you want the metal to be and how deep you would want the engraving to be. Doesn't have to be exact you can tell me if you want it thick or thin. Also if you want adhesive on the back.

We may not be on the same page here.

I would guess that most of us interested in your possible services want to do front panels for equipment such as amp, pre-amps, electronic crossovers, etc. Panels would be, as examples; 3"x17", 6"x6", etc. and have a thickness between 1/8" and 1/4".

Since holes need to be drilled and possibly countersunk, I imagine that the panels would have to be sent to you for engraving and anodizing.

Engraving depth would be on the order of 1mm and the metal removed would have to be replaced by something of a contrasting color to the anodize. I think something like a lacquer stick if often used.

Sans serif type faces might be Arial, Avalon or what, 20 years ago, was called Microgramma. Font size would probably range from 10pt. to 22pt.

We would have to supply a drawing showing the location of the lettering and any lines that might be needed. The front panel of a pre-amp such as any NAD or Proton would be the general idea.

I don't suspect that a thin adhesive backed label is going to do it for most of us interested in panels although I guess some of us wouldn't mind a little self adhesive sticker to put on their speakers.

That is exactly what I was thinking about Bill. Something like at least 1/8 inch aluminum panels. I wanted to build a custom case for a mini itx pc. There are some out there but I still dont like it exactly the way I wanted. If anyone know where I can get someting like that would be great. All I need are a couple of pieces about 4"x10" and at least 1/8" thick.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hey Mike 9R,
Other people have offered this type of service, and it is something that we really all need. The problem is to work out what exactly your capabilities are, and what exactly we want.

Most audio equipment has a front panel 19" wide, about 3" high and at least 1/8" thick. If you could supply anodized or engraved plaques that meet these criteria, I think that you would have a lot of interest. If you can't, there are other possibilities.

As I mentioned, the Manley approach is smaller, very thin anodized metal attached to the front panel. I know you can do these, so there are some that will be interested in them. Can the thin anodized plaques be about 19"x3" ? Even if they have to be smaller than that some of us might go for a couple of smaller ones rather than one big one.

OK another point: Can you cost effectively do all of these on a one or two-off basos or do some have a setup fee?

It is complicated to work out the details, but I suspect that once you do, the orders will basically be two types, so the hassle is over.

Mark

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here are some examples

Attachments

• picsss.jpg
    picsss.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 231
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.