Customized Nameplates, stickers, etc...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That would be ok, If I do get round to knocking up a design for a microcontroled bridge/parallel gainclon in the next couple of months I might get in touch to do one or two face plates, as I'mn not too sure how nice the guys in the machine shop here at the engineering department would be about making them. I'm guessing something like autoCAD drawings would be ok, or DFX's?

edit:

One thing, do you work in metric, or imperial as I've never realy noticed what canida works to (I'm guesing imperial as you kind of have the queen and stuff but I was still not too sure). Hope that isn't an offensive question or anything,

Andrew.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, say I'm interested in an anodized plaque.
(I think some of the gallery items that look screened with ink are in fact anodized)

If I send a very high quality black and white drawing, can you use a photographic process to convert it to a plaque? That way I can get the lines in the right place, and the fonts I want.

If so, would it be better to send a drawing exactly twice the size of the finished item to get better quality?

How about different shapes for the plaque? can the outside shape of a peculiar shaped plaque be included on the drawing?

OK, now how about 5/16" or 7mm holes for shafts? and say 2mm
holes to screw it in place? Do you do this? or would I have to drill them later?

I under stand that the process for engraving might be different
so I want to make it clear to others that these questions and answers might not apply to engraved plaques.

Thanks,
Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.