Go Back   Home > Forums > > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Commercial Projector Ballast Bypass Guide
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th September 2018, 07:27 PM   #161
Carloshz is offline Carloshz
diyAudio Member

Smile Pt-ar100

Hola, señores. Tengo 3 proyectores pt-ar100 que usa un controlador de balastra ushio mpl3401 he intentado engañar la placa, sin ningún éxito. Ayuda gracias
Old 6th September 2018, 07:29 PM   #162
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

English only please.

Quote:
Hello, Gentlemen. I have 3 PT-ar100 projectors that uses a ballast Ushio controller mpl3401 I've tried to cheat the plaque without any success. Help thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 07:46 PM   #163
Carloshz is offline Carloshz
diyAudio Member

Smile Pt-ar100

Hello Sirs. I have 3 pt-ar100 projectors that uses a ushio mpl3401 ballaster controller that tried to cheat the board, without any success. Help, thank you
Old 10th December 2018, 11:47 AM   #164
Maheshl is offline Maheshl
diyAudio Member

Default Please help me to bypass lamp for toshiba DLP T90

Dear All,
Please help me for toshiba DLP T90 circuit digram or connection
The lamp is getting on /off then it on lamp led turn to red after that it went to standby.
even pls let me know how to check the the projector is working or not.

I HV tried all possible like show in web short optocupler, or main board wire shorting etc connections but not able to bypass lamp with projector pls reply or email me soon. my email : maheshlalya@gmail.com
Old 10th November 2019, 06:31 PM   #165
Surendra12456 is offline Surendra12456
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Require help in Bypassing Epson EMP 505 ballast

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to replace the OEM UHE 120W Lamp(ELPLP14) with 100W LED for my EPSON EMP 505 projector. I am facing the problem in bypassing the ballast. I have read a lot of posts and watched a lot of videos in which bypassing was done by shorting wires that go from mother board to ballast(This didn't work) and in others OSRAM bypassing was done (I haven't tried this one, as my projector doesn't seem to fit into these models).

All the information I have is:
1. 5 wires come out of the motherboard in which two are connected to FUSE Circuit of the Lamp and 3 go into Ballast Board.
2. Three wires that go to Ballast:
- Brown = 5V ( it gets applied thrice for 2 seconds having the time interval of 30 seconds. Then lamp error occurs, If there is no Lamp)
- Red = 0V looks like ground
- Orange = 2.71V (This seems to be the input to the motherboard from ballast)
3. I have taken out ballast and then shorted Brown & Red wires, then tapped the Orange wire to the Ground/Red when the 5V voltage showed up in Brown wire. This made the 5V supply in the Brown wire stay on for 20 seconds(which normally stays ON for 2 seconds). After 20 seconds, Power light and Temp light were blink in red color (According to manual it means "Circuit Malfunction").

At present I don't have the original lamp to check how it ideally works. It will be a great if anyone can help me solve this problem.

Photos of Ballast, Mother board and other related are attached.

Commercial Projector Ballast Bypass GuideHide this!Advertise here!