Post Your Results II

The other thread was closed for obvious reasons. Let's try to keep this one clean with only posts of results here. I know that I enjoy seeing pictures of other peoples' setups, and I'm sure many others do too, but if that's not reason enough to start a new thread for it, may this one be closed too.

Someone asked for a video sample of video games on my setup, so I made another video. I had to encode this one to Windows Media because the original file was 12GB (it's from a MiniDV camcorder), and the MPEG1 was 45MB. The space I'm using is owned by my girlfriend, and I don't want to waste her bandwidth unless it's people visiting her site. The sample is available at:
http://www.fallenrose.net/robert-san/cyberlien-vg-smp.WMV

The video sample for a projection of Ghost World is available at:
http://www.fallenrose.net/robert-san/cyberlien-proj-smp.mpg

Picture samples are available at:
http://photos.yahoo.com/cyberlien
Look in the DIY Home Theatre folder.

Many thanks to my girlfriend, for letting me use her http://www.fallenrose.net webspace.

Any recommendations on how I can simulate a better contrast ratio would be great. I usually don't play video games on the thing because when something is bright/white in a game, it's virtually invisible onscreen.

Keep posting the results! ;)

EDIT:
By: Multiplexor
Comment: I personally like this idea. This time lets make it work. If I find any post I feel is not on topic and not worthy, it will be deleted. Start a new thread and post your comments there. I'm also going to sticky this thread. Lets go guys. :D

Feel free to delete my previous post, I keep forgetting we can't edit after 30min :ashamed:

As per your request, I deleted the above post :)
-Multiplexor

OHP Zardoz Sharp LQ121S1DG11

---------------------------------------------

Looks like SuperZoboo has been compiling results...

OHP ywh 15'' LCD significantly altered.

PROJ mikejz84 LCD and $10 Flea Market Slide Projector

??? mario007

OHP DeadEye
Apollo AI-1000 OHP
Uses 600w halogen bulb
N'veiw Veiwframe Spectra C

PROJ Thumper
?????

OHP cowanrq
LCD panel: NView Spectra C (modded, see pic)
OHP: Apollo Concept (4K lumen)
Screen: Da-Lite 60" glass bead

----------------------------------------------

OHP BoNeIdLe (external link\copy>paste only) http://www.geocities.com/karl4hub/proj/picdark.jpg

LCD Panel - ASK Impact 24
Overhead Projector - Buhl 109

----------------------------------------------

OHP Blockhead

Lcd panel is nview spectra c
OHP is Buhl 2900 (460 watt halogen) 5500 lumens
DVD player panasonic rv32 (non progressive scan)
TV-3000 VGA Theater (line doubler-removes macrovsion) http://www.avtoolbox.com/tv-3000.htm

-----------------------------------------------

OHP Teleteq
Elite Viewrite OHP
infocus smartview 3600 SE
LG DVD player compsite video

Re: WOW!!

Sweetrobot said:
what a result regarding yhw's turnout. do u mean its's altered as in the photo, or the lcd? man, i need to get his setup plans if this is real!

my grammar was wrong, sorry!
"my friend, hkgqin"=this hkgqin 's result , hkgqin is my friend.and also.
i sent those results that from Chines DIY forums, that is a other world without English forums,

Well I have my blackout cloth. enough to make a 16:9 screen
that is 4m wide :)

THe pic's are grainy due to my camera :(

here is my 28" widescreen tv hiding under the cloth!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The blacout cloth over the tv. Gives me a 4ft wide screen

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Apollo 13

I'm a bit disappointed with the pics as they don't show the image
quality!! :(

I just wanted to post some of my results. Im using a shower curtain after trying blackout cloth and seeing that the curtain was brighter. Im using a 3M 9075 4000 lumen overhead, my lcd is a I-O data 15". I have a few more pics but I cant figure out how to post more than one pic per message. and sorry for the quality of the picture its from my video camera...

Attachments

• fmjacket.jpg
    fmjacket.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 27,388
heres a pic of my setup... I modified the top of the overhead, and enlarged the whole to expose the whole fresnel. and Im just using a piece of glass to hold the lcd and the rest of the components on the other side, all I really did is remove the metal part that holds the panel in place and flip it open like a book, very easy.

Attachments

• 3m9075.jpg
    3m9075.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 21,754
yeah all your really have to do is take the plastic outer case off, then pry the little tabs open to get the metal from around the screen. of course you have to be really careful. and pull off the sticky aluminized paper shielding off the back. But I wouldn't say any of it was hard to do.. all of the components on the board stay in the same place, this makes the whole setup more stable, just unplug the CCFLs. just be careful when pulling the panel up, " when you open the book". I really cant think of an easier way to describe it than to say it iis like a book. hope that helps..

Video Capture of Results

Click on this link http://home.hawaii.rr.com/microman/
There is a clip of my results of my setup from the movie Saving Private Ryan. For some reason I couldn't get my digital camera to take a good picture. The clip is also only 320*240 but it gives a good impression of brightness and contrast. The room was as dark as I could get it.

My setup:
LCD Panel - Ovation 822C -640*480, 2M Colors
Overhead Projector - Apollo Concept 2200 - 4000 Lumens
Screen - Dalite Matt White 70"x70"
PS2 attached to panel using Svideo input.

I don't have the VGA cable yet so I'm not sure if I'll get better results using a PC DVD player. I do notice that if I look closely I can see vertical scan lines. But it is not bad. Anyone notice a difference using Svideo vs PC Vga when watching DVD? Overall I'd say the picture is pretty decent.

Here are some pics of my Dukane 4000 / Nview Z215 / Da-lite 96x72 combo. I was thinking I'd have to sell my setup on ebay, so I took these pics the other day. Having just found out that my panel does 848x480 compressed, I am sad that it might have to go...

Also, I really think this is the best panel I've seen for playing console games on, even better than a Sharp qa-1750. It definetly blows the !@#% out of a Qa-1650! Sharp panels seem to have a brightness gradiation that goes from darker to lighter as you go up the panel, wheras this panel does not. This is even evident on the Qa-2500.