WTB: ESS ES9028 (not ES9028Pro)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can Delete/Close Thread (ES9028Pro Found)

ES9028Pro Found! No longer needed. Can delete this thread.

I sort of got screwed/confused by a Chinese Ebay seller who never requested payment for the ES9028/ES9028Pro primary IC and just shipped the incomplete DIY kit, but they included the R-Core transformer! Basically they sent me everything needed to run the DAC except the main IC for the DAC... haha. They even sent me a message asking me about which IC and I told them the ES9028, but they sent me a blank board without ever asking for payment.. We had 3 or 4 messages back and forth and this still happened.

What makes this even better is the very first message I sent to this company/person was to ask if they would solder the main IC for me and leave the rest. Well, they soldered random SMD components which I can easily do.. I even told them I don't need their op-amps if that could be offset with better alternatives for my other parts I do need. It's like none of this registered the whole time and the main Ad says nothing about missing cost of IC in the cost. I have no problem soldering in this kind of IC with SMD parts as I do have a hot air re-worker and I can do it with a standard iron too. Have flux and soldering paste along with ChipQuik.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea of the best place to get an IC like the ES9028, that is the one I was going for. I have seen ES9028Pro's going for $70 on Ebay, but my upgraded LED display kit needs the ES9028 to work properly according to the seller. Or perhaps someone with an ES9028 is looking to jump to the 9038, I would definitely take a used model for a reasonable price (say ~$40 obo) to help out on paying for the ES9038.

Below you can see pictures of the PCB without the main IC and I included grabs of the ebay seller because I have seen them disappear many times.

Note: The very first picture of the PCB is one I took and is what I am working with.

Attachments

• 08219984smaller.jpg
    08219984smaller.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 596
  • ES9028 DAC Schematics-l1600SMaller.jpg
    ES9028 DAC Schematics-l1600SMaller.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 609
  • Website.jpg
    Website.jpg
    874.2 KB · Views: 582
  • Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 562
  • Untitled-7.jpg
    Untitled-7.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 548
  • Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

Attachments

• 08219983smaller.jpg
    08219983smaller.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 08219989Smaller.jpg
    08219989Smaller.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
This seller is really terible - but once he ships everything it actually works. Bought DAC ES9018 in 2015 - just finished it now :)) (quarantine is good for this).

I am also looking to buy again - but PRO version this time. PRO version asks for more power - does anyone knows if power section is ok enough to supply this kind of power to PRO version of DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.