sine wave with 1% residual distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for a 1 min wave file of a sine wave with 1% or 0,1% residual distortion to check for errors of a THD program.
analogic_harm_pgm.jpg

if you try the LtSpice approach you should use an older version, the current april 3 V2.20j release has broken .wavefile input - but bug fixes come fast with LtSpice, hopelfully only a week

I think output is OK so you can still create .wav test files with the current version, you just can't view and fft them in LtSpice until the .wavfile read bug is fixed

.wav files with periodic content compress in .zip format by huge ratios - if anyone wanted to post some test files

the zip should contain a 2 channel 16 bit 44.1K .wav

1st second 1 KHz -3 dB, no added distortion

left channel 3rd harmonic
1% 1-2sec,
2% 2-3sec,
3% 3-4sec,
4% 4-5sec,
5% 5-6sec;

right channel 1% distortion component
2 KHz 1-2sec,
3 KHz 2-3sec,
4 KHz 3-4sec,
5 KHz 4-5sec,
6 KHz 5-6sec;

Attachments

• output.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 43
and the LtSpice .asc used to write the test .wav

[ current LtSpice version works, wavefile input also works after I restarted my computer - must have corrupted the wav file somehow - however I am now having trouble with LtSpice' fft: 100mS record ok, 1 second gives slightly wrong magnitudes ]

Attachments

• sindist12_wav.asc.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 52
jcx said:

1% 1-2sec,
2% 2-3sec,
3% 3-4sec,
4% 4-5sec,
5% 5-6sec;

2 KHz 1-2sec,
3 KHz 2-3sec,
4 KHz 3-4sec,
5 KHz 4-5sec,
6 KHz 5-6sec;

Thanks, could you please send me by email at least 30 sec of the 1% wave, I have no soundcard or software to make the file longer.

upped the time steps to 30 seconds each, includes .wav, .asc

jcx said:
the zip should contain a 2 channel 16 bit 44.1K .wav

1% 1-2sec,
2% 2-3sec,
3% 3-4sec,
4% 4-5sec,
5% 5-6sec;

2 KHz 1-2sec,
3 KHz 2-3sec,
4 KHz 3-4sec,
5 KHz 4-5sec,
6 KHz 5-6sec;

runs better than 1/2 real time on my machine, big delays also when LtSpice tries to load data into waveform viewer

SwCad could be run in batch mode to skip waveform viewer

@192K zip was too big, used 7zip ( 31M wav=>24K .7z, not bad but you could say that the 31M is "encoded" in the 2K .asc file, just takes a little longer to extract )

http://www.7-zip.org/

and of course, diyAudio doesn't recognize .7z, so rename without .txt and open with 7zip

Attachments

• wav30.7z.txt
    23.3 KB · Views: 36
rt clik on filename and a dialog should open, select Rename

or select file (left clik filename or icon) and use <File> tool bar to get to Rename cmd, left clik 2nd time (wait some time not double clik) directly enters Rename mode

then you are able to edit the file name, left clik inside brackets containing the highlighted filename to get ordinary cursor with normal line edit behavior, <cr> or cliking outside brackets ends edit

ignore the warning/ clik OK/Yes when when you finish

...got it now, problem was file extensions were not shown...

Thanks, nice files, give also good idea how sounds -40db of K2 to K6.

It shows 0,035% for the clean wave and 1,001% for K2, dropping to 0.99% for K6.

I increased sampling points x4 and it dropped down to 0,015% for the clean wave.
Still much 2 much, maybe more averaging could help.
Don't know how good was the guy who wrote the program, I understand maybe 50%.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.