Marantz CD 63 'Radial error'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I recently changed the laser transport(cdm 12.1) on my Marantz Cd63 as it was skipping, I carefully installed a next laser transport, on inserting a cd it shows 'disk' on the display when i hit 'play' it comes back with error code 10 - radial error at one stage it did read the disk and play but now has reverted back to the same problem, I removed the the lid and went through the service modes PO1,PO2 and PO3 and everything seems to be working mechanically, sledge moving laser, laser moving up and down to focus, transport going in and out, and with room light off I can see the red light of the laser. I used a fine oil in moving cogs and the bar the laser slides on but still cant get it to work. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated as this might be one for the bin!!
Thanks
Harry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.