Anyone modded Thule Spirit 150B?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this player, a model with CDM12.4 mech.

I am wondering if anyone tried to make something more serious out of it.

I think it lacks life and drive in a stock mode. It doesn't sound aggressive but..... boring.

On the other hand, it seems that lots of things were done OK with it. Analogue and digital sections PSUs separate, DACs improved.

Anyone ever tried to re-clock it or to modd it with a success?

Thanks Gordan:dead:

Sorry, - Thule Audio is no more.

Anyway: Depend on CD150B model-year you can upgrade the original mounted internal DAC module in the CD150B with Thule Digit-I module (4*Burr-Brown 1702K) or the newer Digit-II module kit. The sound are in the Reference-class. Remember the desing is balanced.

the second German distributor for Thule Audio "audioconcept" (as I know the successor of Norsk Audio, the old distributor for ETON loudspeakers) offer for both DAC boards a high quality electrolytic cap PCB include additional main transformer (for improving sound quality - successor board of formerly offered accu-pack PCB).
The implementation isn't easy to perform and therefore that unit is not individually available for "do it yourself" implementation.
For more information about this (and also for service) ask there:

audioconcept GmbH
Kirchenpforte 7
D-55546 Frei-Laubersheim
Tel.: ++49-6709-439
E-Mail: bowtec@gmx.de

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.