Proceed PCD2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PDT won't work

Hi, my PDT recently developed the following error: when switching on the mains, the motor starts running and will not stop. CD can be loaded but will not be read. Display shows zeros and error is shown. I checked inside and realised that there is the motor control signal MCS is at 5 V constant which explains that the motor is running always at full speed. No PWM of the MCS signal as would be expected. Anyone having observed and repaired this error/misbehaviour before?

Thanks!

I observed the loss of clock to decoder IC. I changed the SA7220 and the crystal. It starts spinning and reading now.However, music reproduction stops suddenly while playing the CD. I observed that the CD is then spinning very fast. The CD player would not respond to any command stop, play etc. The swab/ssm pin is always high. Switching on/off solves the problem. It starts fine but then stops after some time, the CD spins fast, no response to commands etc. Could it be the decoder IC? Thanks for your help!

I did that. I observed a stable clock. I did change also the SAA7210. No change. The fault is still there. I observed that sometimes while in stop position, the CD wiil suddenly start spinning w/o pushing a button. The swab/ssm signal (pin 20 of MAB 8441) jumps from L to H. Any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.