PCM179x Vref/Iref and Iout relationship

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I want to build a DAC based on PCM1792 and I need to reduce by hardware Iout response from DAC, modifying Iref.
Accordingly with data sheet, a 10k resistor is used to obtain a DAC Iout response between -2.3mA to -10.1mA (7.8mAp-p), with center point at -6.2mA.
What happening if I use 20K Iref resistor? The center current (digital 0) point will be translated up at -3.1mA with Iout response between -1.15 to -5.05mA (3.9mAp-p)?
In other words, is possible to manipulate Iref for analog out attenuation?

Thank you

Do you have a board with the iv section already? You could use pcm1798, which is basically the same chip as they (www.audiokit.ro) use together with the IV you posted. If you want to get the better specs from 1794 you'll need to use their recommended values.
Otherwise you might be able to change dynamic range with the value of R1... (just a guess - you could try with a simulator to see what you have to change to lower the gain. )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.