OPA604 to OPA627..some problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hifive said:
I've changed my Naim CD5 OPA 604 to OPA 627 and the improvements was good. But the only issue is in the vocal "ssss" too sharp. How should I rectify that...

Thanks

You can try decoupling from V+ to V- with npo 0.1 u ceramic and or decoupling to 0 rail. I personally don't like the dry character of the 627 and prefer class A bias on AD825 or heavilly dceoupled LM6171.

You should not always believe what you read about the 627

:hot:

Re: Re: OPA604 to OPA627..some problems

fmak said:

You can try decoupling from V+ to V- with npo 0.1 u ceramic and or decoupling to 0 rail. I personally don't like the dry character of the 627 and prefer class A bias on AD825 or heavilly dceoupled LM6171.

You should not always believe what you read about the 627

:hot:

With you there, the AD825 has killer transients and powerful tight bass, yet remains smooth as silk because it runs stinking hot in a lot of Class A, wish they made small SMD heatsinks for these. they really need them.

Cheers George

Re: Re: Re: OPA604 to OPA627..some problems

georgehifi said:

With you there, the AD825 has killer transients and powerful tight bass, yet remains smooth as silk because it runs stinking hot in a lot of Class A, wish they made small SMD heatsinks for these. they really need them.

Cheers George

How did you bias the AD825 to class A ??

For heatsinks, use u-shaped alloy channel available from hardware shops epoxyed to the chip. It overlaps a little but you can still solder. Brass channel is also available from model shops.

Andy

Re: Re: Re: Re: OPA604 to OPA627..some problems

poynton said:

How did you bias the AD825 to class A ??

For heatsinks, use u-shaped alloy channel available from hardware shops epoxyed to the chip. It overlaps a little but you can still solder. Brass channel is also available from model shops.

Andy

Running at -15 +15 they run quite hot to the touch, (and no, they're not oscillating) to the point of wanting to cool them with a heat sink. OPA134,OPA2134 & OPA4134's SMD's, run this hot and also sound great, but the AD825's have better slam.

Cheers George

Attachments

• opamp heatsink.jpg
    opamp heatsink.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 489
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.