DAISY Display Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

I'm trying to get the display kit from DAISY-Laser working. I have made PCBs according to the schematic provided on their website (http://www.daisy-laser.com/products/CD/displaykit/displaykit1/displaysection.PDF), but when I switch everything on, the display remains dark.
The VFD itself seems to be ok. At least I can get some segments glowing when I connect pins manually.

Actually, everyting working instantly would have surprised me. But now that I'm sitting here in front of the dark display, any hint how to start debugging is appreciated. Maybe somebody out there has any experience with this kit...

Does anybody know how the display controller behaves when it does not get any input? Will it display anything?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian

Hi Chris,

thanks for highlighting the existence of the "test" pin. I wasn't aware of it.
When I connect it to +5V, some segments of the display lighten. When I disconnect it and reconnect it again, other segments lighten.

Unfortunately, I did not find any reference to what it should display when the test pin is used. I'd assume that it should run through some kind of test cycle, displaying various thing on its own without the test pin being triggered...

Anyway, being able to make the display do something was kind of rewardng :cool:

Cheers

Sebastian

P.S.: Yes, the DAISY kit includes a pre-programmed EPROM...

sebastian_s said:
Hi Chris,

thanks for highlighting the existence of the "test" pin. I wasn't aware of it.
When I connect it to +5V, some segments of the display lighten. When I disconnect it and reconnect it again, other segments lighten.

Unfortunately, I did not find any reference to what it should display when the test pin is used. I'd assume that it should run through some kind of test cycle, displaying various thing on its own without the test pin being triggered...

Anyway, being able to make the display do something was kind of rewardng :cool:

Cheers

Sebastian

P.S.: Yes, the DAISY kit includes a pre-programmed EPROM...

Hi Sebastian,

I'd suggest to start checking all supply voiltages

good luck

Guido

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.