Src4392 + Ad1865???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on using this combination. The SRC4392 is a new part from TI that includes a DIR/DIT and an SRC. Seems to me this could be an ideal device for interfacing with the AD1865. I still have lots of reading to do on the SRC datasheet, but any guidance would be appreciated. So far I have only built a simple NOS-TDA1543 DAC, as well as PCM2906/2706 USB DAC's so this is a big leap for me. The SRC will need to be controlled by a microchip, which is not a problem for me. I was thinking of using a PIC16F88 which I am familiar with, but the 18F4550 is awfully tempting.

Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.

cyl said:
I want to use SRC4392 but my first problem is the 48TQFP. Can you find any cheap adaptor or prototype board?

Don't be scared off by that SMD package. They are no more difficult to solder than anything else. It takes a few more minutes to get it aligned, but the soldering is easy. Just apply a wad of solder over all of the pins, then use a desoldering braid to pick up most of it. Check between the pins with a magnifying glass after you are done. I think you will be surpried with how easy it is.

Of course all of this is pointless if you are intending to use protoboard and need the part in a DIP format. I was actually intending on designing a board for this project.

G.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.