Marantz CD75mkII to mod or not to mod that is the question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Been reading threads for a few years about modding old marantz gear and i have a spare CD75mkII sitting here waiting for some mods... or not.

Is the CD 75mkII a good unit to mod?

Would i be better off starting with a 'better' unit if there is one? I know the 63 seems to be a favourite

Remember this is a spare unit that works well, a little noisy on spin up of an newly inserted CD but that seems to be its only fault.

This would be my first project or disaster and im a little hesitant to spend up on another player to practice on.

Any help guidance would be appreciated. this young modder would only be too happy to be pointed in the right direction.

yep its a good player. Im not sure what the Philips equivalent is, maybe a cd650 or 850? Anyway, it uses a tda1541A.
I have a cd650 and a clock upgrade and opamps made it a million times better. Its amazing what this alone can do to a player.
If you want to get flash the skies the limit, but read the cd67 mod thread for upgrades, its the same stuff more or less for all players.

jeff mai said:
Send me an email (your forum email is disabled) if you want a PDF of the service manual. I have one for a nearly equivalent Philips machine. It's slightly different than the CD75, but it's close enough in most areas.

Jeff likewise I cannot email you but would appreciate a PDF of the service manual. (red-row@tiscali.co.uk) - sorry to keep bothering you but it looks like you are the man who admits to have done most with a cd-75.

thanks
Guy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.