Marantz CD75 SE MarkII help required

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I noticed other people have asked about a service manual for the marantz cd75 and I added to their thread but no answer - maybe its all too old to bother with?
Anyway my problem is that I was going to convert the cd75 into a cd transport but instead have created problems for myself. In trying to remove the excess mains wiring/selector I must have got it all wrong and now the thing won't function at all. (Hence my search for a service manual/circuit diagram) Can I produce an outboard psu to power it, if so what voltages and what connects where? I don't really want to ditch it as it was sounding good/going well until my cack handed efforts. Help please.

Guy

I can help you as I have removed the voltage selector from this very player. Unfortunately it will be a few weeks before I'm back in Australia where it is. It involves a couple of jumpers on the PCB. I installed an IEC power connector and moved the fuseholder at the same time I removed the voltage selector.

The player is well worth the effort. When suitably modded it is excellent as a transport.

I can help you as I have removed the voltage selector from this very player. Unfortunately it will be a few weeks before I'm back in Australia where it is. It involves a couple of jumpers on the PCB. I installed an IEC power connector and moved the fuseholder at the same time I removed the voltage selector.

Jeff any chance of that information on the marantz cd-75 voltage selector etc? I have tried to email but the system will not let me.

thanks
Guy

hi

OK - I sent it.
Hi Jeff:
May I have the info also because I'm doing the same. It'd be much appreciated. Bill
j2xgwDMBDSsnVA69OtCogRQzID4UOTOFEwAHkGJSmhPzgRIAFU7lagXmBJGuXwEwEMPlz8AaBEagAjDrBQAkcUj5iCtQwK0FSzhciBsQADs=

The Marantz CD75mk2 has the TDA1541A DAC chip which is wonderfully musical when properly implemented. In my view it would be a real pity to just use this player as a transport, it's an excellent basis for a very good one box CD player.

There is a huge amount of information out there about getting the best from players like the CD75mk2 which are fitted with this DAC.

There are endless older CD players out there with good CD mechs but lacklustre DAC chips which will make excellent transports.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.