CD transport and MCLK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm thinking about making a small production series of my DAC, embedding it in a box with a CD transport as well.

The CD-Pro2 looks like it is getting good reviews. Is it easy to get by this (or similar drives)?

Perhaps more importantly, I plan to generate MCLK on my DAC board and send it down to the transport. But some documentation I found on the CD-Pro2 states that the MCLK is an output signal. So, what setup is recomended when I want MCLK to be an input to the CD drive?

I am completely new to working with cd transports but know both mechanics, I2S and MCU programming. Hints and tips are much welcome!

Cheers,

Børge

borges said:

Perhaps more importantly, I plan to generate MCLK on my DAC board and send it down to the transport. But some documentation I found on the CD-Pro2 states that the MCLK is an output signal. So, what setup is recomended when I want MCLK to be an input to the CD drive?

You would have to remove the onboard oscillator/resonator.

borges said:

Do you plan to create an open system, i.e. one that will work with other devices that have a reference clock output or a closed system like the Sony Twinlink?

It is a closed system, I guess, because this has to do with the internal wiring inside a CD player.

I plan to use Guido's clock circuit on a board where I'm in charge of power supply, decoupling, and ground layout. Not the oscillator on the CD transport. I'm looking at the L1210/65. I guess that supplying the clock from outside should be doable, I just have to mod each one.

Anyone having experience modding this transport?

Cheers,
Børge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.