Looking for Parasound dac 1500 schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, I have dac 1600 schematic and just printered it on A1 paper.. :) looks like it is diferent althought output stage is more or less tha same(i quess,regarding parts)

man.. no surprise that my parasound dac 1500(and prevously dac 1000) sound such a analogue turnable but with killed sound :eek: I am not an digital expert but there are tons of feedback, tons of opams(16 opas in output section in both channles. no wonder why its provide 6.6V rms output) medium quality black gate f series caps and bunch(200 or so) of low quality film caps each shunted with smaller film caps. I havent ever see more complicated design- 3 trafo, 9 regulated suplies 110 000uf PS capasistance ..
the only thing I am thinking is to take off all theese things out and make pass labs d1 balanced output stage or maybe put sowter transformers.. I wish I have knowlwdges to do so.. :bawling:
the dac has changed trafo(with no good rails so two pole power suply has diferent + and - voltages) ,and one transitor was dead. and it was replaced by simple some no name. in balanced circuit!
I ordered sanken original back there but after looking inside I wonder will it help to improove sound..

Are you aware of ASE Audiotuning?

http://www.audiotuning.de/english/index.html

They make upgrade kits for the Parasound DAC's, where they change out the SPDIF receiver and digital filter and claim a *huge* bonus in sound quality. They sell their upgrade "bundles" (the SPDIF/filter combo) sometimes on eBay under the name "www-audiotuning-de".

I just ordered a bundle to upgrade my own 1000 and look forward to receiving it soon. When you get your 1500 back on it's feet you may wish to give it a shot!

Good luck! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.